License activation

Share ideas and post helpful tips and solutions.

License activation

Postby John Robin Dove » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:18 am

Hi Clifton,

I'm asking about this on behalf of a friend from Italy with whom I work frequently. He uses Toolbook 10. TB license activation does not affect me personally as I use 9.01. Acoording to this http://tb.sumtotalsystems.com/kbfiles/kb/ToolBook%20Knowledge%20Base.html?ProductActivation.html it seems that with one license it is possible to use Toolbook 10 on 2 different computers. However before using it on one computer my friend has to deactivate the license on the other computer. Is this normal? My Powerpac license allows me to use 2 computers simultaneously if I choose but maybe the licensing system is different? I've never tried to use it on 3 computers but presumably this would not be possible.

Another question: what happens if the hard disk breaks down? In this case deactivating the license would seenm to be impossible.

Thanks for your help

John
John Robin Dove

Re: License activation

Postby Clifton » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:09 am

Users of ToolBook v10-v11.5 should be able to use their installations on two computers simulataneously. For example, they could use a desktop installation and a laptop installation at the same time. The license permits this. What I think has happened is that the key this user has for version 10 has been used and was never properly deactivated before being used again.

SumTotal is pretty good about this and has always responded in a timely manner to correct this. A situation like this could also occur in the event of a hard drive crash and system reinstall. In those cases, just contact the support team (Denny) and they will fix the database to allow proper registration of the product. I've personally had that happen on one occasion some years ago.
Clifton
Site Admin

Re: License activation

Postby John Robin Dove » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:46 am

Many thanks Clifton. I will forward this information.
John Robin Dove

Return to General Discussion