Missing folder that was added to export tree

Confirmed or possible bug reports and workarounds

Missing folder that was added to export tree

Postby Andy » Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:19 pm

After updating to v15.092.6 my folder that I add to the export tree does not seem to get included.
I tried removing and re-adding it but still no luck. It shows in the Powerpac dropdown but not in the release structure.
Thanks, Andy
Andy

Re: Missing folder that was added to export tree

Postby Clifton » Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:51 pm

Seems odd. No changes were made to the mechanism for adding folders.
Can you provide the name of the folder?

It is possible that the destination export location is being monitored and manipulated by anti-virus software. If that is the case, the folder(s) are added and then promptly removed or quarantined by the security software. Try exporting to a non-system disk location and see if that helps.
Clifton
Site Admin

Postby Andy » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:40 am

It looks like it is skipping the post processing that Powepac should do after TB does its publishing. The TB log is no help.
I know v15.17.1 worked. I always publish to the same place so I wonder if the folder was already there and I didn't notice it wasn't newly created. Or maybe it has nothing to do with the version.
Thanks for your help, Andy
Andy

Postby Clifton » Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:04 pm

The PowerPac will create and populate any folders specified in the DHTML Export Tree manager. If it doesn't than it can be related to one of the following:
  • The source folder is not available.
  • The destination folder is not writable by the file JSPowerPac.exe (this is the engine that handle post processing). Perhaps anti-virus software is blocking JSPowerPac.exe from manipulating the export file list.
  • The book has become corrupted for some reason.
  • Note that if the PowerPac cannot properly export your folders, it is quite likely that other post processing tasks are failing. So this is definitely something to track down so your export works properly.
To test some of this, create a one empty page book, enable the PowerPac, flag the necessary folders and export book. If the folders export properly than the PowerPac engine is working as expected. If it fails, then please zip up your sample and send it to me for inspection.

This is not a problem I've heard of before. Nearly all PowerPac users are flagging files and folders for inclusion in their exports.
Clifton
Site Admin

Postby Andy » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:35 am

Hi Clifton,
Regarding your last bulleted point about other post processing, what I was seeing is that the post processing did not attempt to run, or failed immediately without error. So no added folders, no updated manifest, no HTML5 checking, etc.
I reinstalled Java and that fixed it. Go figure.
To avoid further problems with my environment, I think this is a good time for me to start clean on a new virtual machine since I'll need to do that anyway.
Thanks so much for your help. ~Andy
Andy

Postby Clifton » Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:12 pm

Glad you got things working again.
Clifton
Site Admin

Return to Bug Reports