popup

Workarounds and usability notes.

Re: popup

Postby John Robin Dove » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:46 am

Hi Clifton,

Did you have a look at the description of my program and if so did it make any sense? I'm beginning to worder again if I'm not wasting my time.

I think it would be a lot easier to generate enthusiasm if I actually made the exercises myself but so far, I've been too busy creating the tools to do this.
John Robin Dove

Postby Clifton » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:32 am

John,

I only asked because, in the past I've used screen capture videos to simulate certain web activity and then in the course, I've put fields and inputs over the top of the video for the user to actually enter their own information. The program can then check the correctness of what is entered and move the video onward to the next step, etc. This way everything can be contained in one window and it should work on desktop and tablet devices. I guess the idea is that you have more control over the flow of information. There is always a user out there who may try and go places on the web "in the name of education" when that is not the purpose of the program at all. I did something like this a number of years ago with a airline kiosk system for customer service operators who needed to access commandline options to get certain results. There was little point in trying to use the actual real-world screens for this, but the simulation was made to look as real as possible which retaining control over the education provided.

Nowadays, with CSS and HTML5, what I've described above could be made to look even more realistic.

I would love to help with a program like yours, but my own projects leave me with little space to do so.

Clifton
Site Admin

Postby John Robin Dove » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:16 am

Thanks for your response Cliton. From your last remark I gather that you maybe think my project is worthwhile. I shall persevere a little longer. :)
John Robin Dove

Previous

Return to General Discussion