Moodle Window Sizing

Topics related to using ToolBook for building web apps.

Moodle Window Sizing

Postby Geoff Pearson » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:12 pm

I am in the process of setting up my courses on a third-party LMS. The standard page size in all of my books is 800 x 600 but their tech guy told me today that their html & body tags for their Moodle launched window are 753 x 593 & as a result my courses launch with ugly, space-wasting scrollbars. Probably a bit of a long shot but, is there any way I can force the popup window page size from my books?

Geoff Pearson
(I.Q. Technology Ltd.)
Geoff Pearson

Re: Moodle Window Sizing

Postby Clifton » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:41 pm

Take a look at PowerPac's setPageContentPosition().

This function allows you to set page position and size. However, if elements on your page are designed to be outside of the new size, they will be clipped or hidden if you choose to hide scrollbars. The purpose of the function is not to resize or re-position elements, but to manipulate the page background element and iframe container. It is a very powerful function but may not entirely solve your problem. On the other hand, because your page reduction is so small to fit the Moodle page size, you may find that this will work fine. In Moodle, make sure to set the page top and left position to 0 when executing setPageContentPosition() as this disables ToolBook's page centering mechanism. This is really important for embedding courses in Moodle.

You can search this forum for examples of how to use this function to achieve various results.

NOTE: setPageContentPosition() makes changes to the background and iframe container in such a way that is persistent. Therefore, you only have to run the function on the first page of your book.
Clifton
Site Admin

Re: Moodle Window Sizing

Postby Alizeh » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:52 am

One of the most frustrating things about Moodle is the popup window that opens when a tutor uploads a file. It irritates me a lot. :(
Alizeh

Return to Web (DHTML) Development