Quiz freezing (seemingly randomly)

Topics related to using ToolBook for building web apps.

Re: Quiz freezing (seemingly randomly)

Postby Robert Stevenson » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:47 pm

Would you have the slightest clue why the logic would work (get you to the certificate page after 20 correct questions) in native format but fail to do so when exported?
Robert Stevenson

Postby Clifton » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:55 pm

Add the debug alerts I wrote about a couple of posts ago.
These will quickly show where your code is failing in the exported content.

It is not unusual for something to work a little differently in exported content because of the way the JavaScript is executed. I still think you have a timing issue and this should show up if you code your action exactly like I showed using the "Display Alert" actions and run a test case. The alerts will show your variable values as the test progresses and you can determine exactly where the logic fails.
Clifton
Site Admin

Postby Robert Stevenson » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:43 am

Did I mention there is a timer on each page? Perhaps? I would jump at your "debug" logic but have no experience using such and don't even know where to put the script.
Robert Stevenson

Postby Clifton » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:15 pm

Email me the tbk offlist at [email protected] and I will take a look at the logic. However, I would consider this to be beyond the scope of support provided by this forum so there would be a small charge. In the long run, you would benefit from the troubleshooting techniques used.
Clifton
Site Admin

Postby Robert Stevenson » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:20 pm

Note to Self. Exported project continues to freeze before mastery level achieved (even with timer removed)
Robert Stevenson

Previous

Return to Web (DHTML) Development