TB100ATH.DLLL

Topics related to ToolBook native mode deployment.

TB100ATH.DLLL

Postby John Robin Dove » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:27 am

Hi Clifton,
I have had a request from my friend in Italy who is still using Toolbook native. I think he's probably the only person on the planet doing this! :) Recently, he had to reinstall Windows 10 and also TB 10. Fortunately, he had made a copy of his registry and did not lose his access key. He still has a minor problem, however. If he clicks on a tbk file he gets this error.
It's not the end of the world becuse if he runs TB from
Common Files/Toolbook/TBSystem\TB100.exe. The message does not appear. I have just looked through all his *.ini files but could see a problem. He asked me to ask you if you have any suggestions.

Thanks
John
John Robin Dove

Re: TB100ATH.DLLL

Postby Clifton » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:45 pm

I've attached a registry export of the tbkfile key.
I would recommend that he inspect the .reg file before importing it. It may be there is just one reference missing in his registry that is causing the problem.
Extract the .reg file from the attached zip file and open in notepad or any basic text editor to look at the keys in the file. Then examine the comparison location in the target machine registry to see what is different. Keep in mind this .reg file has all the keys for all versions of ToolBook. He may not need to import all of this.
Attachments
tbkfile.zip
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT for tbkfile
(706 Bytes) Downloaded 4 times
Clifton
Site Admin

Re: TB100ATH.DLLL

Postby John Robin Dove » Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:22 am

Many thanks Clifton. We tried several times to correct the registry entries. I thought we had cracked it because there was at least one entry missing but the message still appears. I think it's probably wiser to leave it as it is because at least it still works if you run it from TBSystem.
John Robin Dove

Return to Native Development