Problem opening files with TB 10

Share ideas and post helpful tips and solutions.

Postby cdl » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:35 am

Hi, (sorry for the English Language)

this morning I opened a file TB10 clicking on the program, and I appeared this notice:

"Coul not load required system book: C: \ Program files (x86) \
ToolBook\ToolBook 10 \ tb100xml.sbk"

I checked the folder and the file is tb100xml.sbk (folder Toolbook 10).

Can anyone help me?

(I attach image error
Carlo (Italy)
Attachments
Error TB10.JPG
Error TB10.JPG (37.98 KiB) Viewed 4432 times
cdl

Re: Problem opening files with TB 10

Postby Clifton » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:02 am

Did you check for the presence of the XML sbk file that the message is about? Is it located in the program folder?

Basically, ToolBook is telling you that one or more of its dependencies (or files) are missing and must be restored. Sometimes aggressive anti-virus software can quarantine program files like this. In a worst case, you may have to reinstall ToolBook to get everything working again.
Clifton
Site Admin

Postby cdl » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:55 pm

Clifton wrote:Did you check for the presence of the XML sbk file that the message is about? Is it located in the program folder?

Basically, ToolBook is telling you that one or more of its dependencies (or files) are missing and must be restored. Sometimes aggressive anti-virus software can quarantine program files like this. In a worst case, you may have to reinstall ToolBook to get everything working again.

---------------------------------------------------------------
I checked the folder and the file Toolbook 10 TB100xml.sbk there.

Surprisingly, however, when I open the Computer in the morning and I open the first 10 TB, the program opens. The second time no.

?????

Carlo (Italy)
cdl

Postby John Robin Dove » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:38 pm

Hi,

CDL has been in touch with me about the problem described above. As I understand it the problem only occurs when Toolbook is started by clicking on a file icon. Is the fact that the error dialog message is entitled 'Toolbook 9 Startup' significant or not? It may be just a title that Sum Total forgot to update or it may have something to do with the problem. I don't have Toolbook 10. Could someone with TB 10 test this please? If you just temporarily rename one of the sbk files (e.g. tb10styles.sbk) you should get an error message. Does it display 'Toolbook 9 Startup'?

John
John Robin Dove

Postby John Robin Dove » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:58 am

No need to bother with the test. Denny Dedmore has confirmed that 'Toolbook 9 startup' should read Toolbook 10 but was not updated.
John Robin Dove

Return to General Discussion