Var must be object

Confirmed or possible bug reports and workarounds

Var must be object

Postby PetrH » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:53 pm

Does this error message suggest anything:

Line 12086 (File "C:\Program Files (x86)\PGSD Toolbook Plugins\PowerPac\JSPowerPac.exe"): Error: Variable must be of type "Object".

This is showing up in the lessons we produced for a client a couple of years ago. The lesson design uses a lot of Flash objects. I was re-exporting a lesson using the latest powerpac because I got a report that a series of demo lessons taken from this project, suddenly are failing under IE10, Firefox and Chrome.

Thanks,
Pete
Peter
Always available for Toolbook work.
[email protected]
PetrH

Re: Var must be object

Postby Clifton » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:33 pm

Just to verify whether this is related to the latest release of the PowerPac, can you reinstall version 11.82.611 and see if that changes anything.
Also, please let us know which version of ToolBook the export is being done with.
Download v11.82.611 beta
Clifton
Site Admin

Re: Var must be object

Postby PetrH » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:10 pm

Sorry for the delay in offering a follow-up. I've been away for the past 5 days.

I've been working on this problem for the past few hours and we've narrowed it down to a single computer that is used for demonstration purposes during marketing calls. Of course... this couldn't be isolated to just a dev computer... :-)

Oddly all browsers that try to access the material are experiencing the same problem. So I've suggested that the IT guys take a look at that computer and disable any and all anti-virus, anti-spyware, or any other security software that might be running and see if that makes a difference. I've downloaded copies of all of the files that generate the errors and everything works just fine on my system so clearly this is a problem with that computer's system. I am convinced this has nothing to do with the PowerPac files.

Thanks,
Pete
Peter
Always available for Toolbook work.
[email protected]
PetrH

Return to Bug Reports