Using mergeTBObjects to create "dummy subModal"

Help for using specific functions

Using mergeTBObjects to create "dummy subModal"

Postby John Robin Dove » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:53 am

mergeTBObjects, and createDraggableObject are both awesome tools, thanks Clifton! :)

Because you can only have one subModal at a time and I needed two, I used these functions + createAlphaShadow to make a dummy subModal. I have put an example (TB 9.01) here: http://www.mediacours.com/tb_examples/dummy_submodal.tbk It has one advantage over the real subModal: it displays instantly. It has one disadvantage: it is not modal!

John Robin Dove

Re: Using mergeTBObjects to create "dummy subModal"

Postby Clifton » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:24 pm

Nice work!
To make your dialog window modal, you just need to put a rectangle or disabled field behind it that is the size of the page and with an opacity of 1% (or whatever percentage you want to set with setOpacity()). This will create a mask that will cause your modal to be truly modal. You can probably group this with the rest of your objects, but be careful not to include it when merging the "window" objects with mergeTBObjects() or you may get unpredictable behavior when dragging the window (i.e.: you wouldn't want the mask to be draggable).
Clifton
Site Admin

Re: Using mergeTBObjects to create "dummy subModal"

Postby John Robin Dove » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:07 am

But here is an even better one! This works like a Toolbook request.

You can download a zip including a TB 9.01 file from here http://www.mediacours.com/tb_examples/request.zip I have now created a shared action sequence that can be imported into another book and a 'copy objects' button to streamline the whole process together with instructions.
John Robin Dove

Return to Function Help