htmlVideoLoader() Controls

Help for using specific functions

htmlVideoLoader() Controls

Postby Kataleena » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:13 pm

Hi,
I’m using htmlVideoLoader() and I have set the Controls to false but the control bar keeps flashing when the video plays. When I put the mouse over it it disappears but then appears a few moments later. I really need it hidden completely. Thanks
Kataleena

Re: htmlVideoLoader() Controls

Postby Clifton » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:49 pm

Does this happen in every browser and device?
What setting are you using for allowFlashFallback?
What version of the PowerPac are you running?
Can you show or send us a snapshot of the parameter box settings?
When setting the controls parameter are you using false in all small case and no quotation marks?

Maybe a link to the problem so we can figure it out?

We have turned off the controls in our PowerPac Help API for testing purposes and we cannot seem to duplicate this behavior.
Clifton
Site Admin

Postby Kataleena » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:08 am

Hi,

I figured out the problem, it only happens in IE9 if the Compatibility View is on, when off it works properly. We had Compatibility View turn on so it would work in IE11 but now I'm using JavaScript PowerPac I don't need to force compatibility view on anymore.

Cheers,
Kate
Kataleena

Postby Clifton » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:02 pm

This was a good catch on your part and helpful to other PowerPac users!

Basically what happens when you set compatibility view ON for a particular url is the IE browser will behave like it is running morphed IE7 or IE5 content (Quirks mode). ToolBook/PowerPac content is fully standards compliant when you check the PowerPac menu item Enable IE HTML 5 Display. While browsers will automatically determine compliance from the content, if you tell IE to explicitly set a particular url or domain to use compatibility view, then all sorts of anomalies may occur because it will no longer read the compliance from the content. Anomalies may especially be evident in object placement and how button clicks are handled or even not handled.

The PowerPac has matured to a pretty high level at making ToolBook content work in HTML 5 standards compliance mode. Therefore, I really recommend checking Enable IE HTML 5 Display for all your projects. This gives you the widest range of supported features, even full CSS 3 support.

I hope other PowerPac users will benefit from this little forum conversation as well!
Clifton
Site Admin

Return to Function Help