pgSoundLoader

Help for using specific functions

pgSoundLoader

Postby Geoff Pearson » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:18 pm

I am experiencing a problem playing audio files with the Powerpac audio functions. I have created a "burner logic" simulator. The idea is... when the user clicks on the Start button it launches an mp3 audio clip & various things happen on-screen ie. the events are keyed to the audio clips with time markers. I publish the book in Toolbook & then check it out with the "Preview" function... everything works perfectly.

However, when I upload the book to my remote web server the audio does not work. When I click the "Start" button it steps through the burner Pre-Start logic like it is supposed to until it reaches the exact point that the audio clip is supposed to kick in & then just stops dead. Clearly, for some reason it is not loading the audio file. I have placed the pgSoundLoader in "on load page" & thought that perhaps the simulator page was not getting an Enterpage message for some reason so duplicated them in a "Reset" button on the page. The user must click on Reset to get the simulator to work so that should be bulletproof. The audio files reside in a folder called "Audio" which has been added to the export tree in Powepac. I have checked the server & the audio files are there ok so it's not an upload issue. The only other thing I can think of is that perhaps I have used the wrong syntax & it is a filepath reference issue.

I have attached a screen-shot of the pgSoundLoader dialog box. Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong? I reiterate that all the way through the simulator development process the Powerpac audio functions have worked flawlessly in the browser environment on my laptop so why not off of my web server?

Any insight appreciated!

Geoff Pearson
Attachments
pgsoundcontrol.PNG
pgsoundcontrol.PNG (47.77 KiB) Viewed 7131 times
pgsoundloader.PNG
pgsoundloader.PNG (168.77 KiB) Viewed 7131 times
Geoff Pearson

Re: pgSoundLoader

Postby Geoff Pearson » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:06 am

Belay that!! I think I found the problem. I should have clicked what was wrong because I've been caught out before. My Apache web server appears to be case-sensitive.... I had named the folder "Audio" but my AE script was looking for "audio".... sheesh!!

Geoff Pearson
Geoff Pearson

Return to Function Help