Emailing Quiz Results?

Workarounds and usability notes.

Emailing Quiz Results?

Postby PetrH » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:44 am

Hi there,

I'm looking for any help that might be available to build a function into a quiz that lets the student send themselves an email containing question information at the end of their quiz. The information in the quiz summary object (ver 11.5) is most of what I need to send, but I also need to include some user defined information for each questions... specifically, a string that would contain a reference to further information about the question's subject.

I don't see any specific functions in the powerpac that directly addresses this need, but maybe I'm missing something that might help? Actually, that isn't true, I can think of a few functions that I will need to use, as I build the routine to work through the list of question pages... but generating the email is the biggest issue I see at the moment.

Meanwhile, anyone ever done this before?

While the quiz will be delivered under an LMS, this needs to be something accomplished outside of the LMS's capabilities and done automatically using the email address pulled from the LMS if that is possible, or entered by the student if no email address was recorded.

Thanks,
Pete
Peter
Always available for Toolbook work.
[email protected]
PetrH

Return to General Discussion