Need HELP with your projects?

Workarounds and usability notes.

Need HELP with your projects?

Postby Clifton » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:01 pm

Hi all ToolBook/PowerPac forum members and guests!

As the developer of the PowerPac, we are available to help with ToolBook/PowerPac tasks related to your projects.
We can also write custom JavaScript functions that address specific project needs.

Please let me know by sending a PM to me on the forum or to [email protected].
Our rates are very reasonable, and the results are guaranteed to satisfy your project requirements.

Look forward to hearing from you.
Clifton
Clifton
Site Admin

Re: Need HELP with your projects?

Postby Geoff Pearson » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:56 am

Hi Clifton,

See below... I have just posted this to the "General Topics" forum. Is this something you would be willing to take a look at? My customer is prepared to pay for a solution as long as it's workable.

Regards,

Geoff Pearson
==============================================
I have a customer who operates a fleet of factory trawlers. They've just gone from XP to 64-bit Win 8 & they want me to upgrade my training, that was originally supplied on copy-protected CDs, to my latest browser-based iterations (Toolbook 11.5). Naturally, they don't have Internet coverage in the Southern Ocean & they're down there for 6-weeks at a time so the only way is to install to the engine room PC on each vessel. Problem with that is that they are all logged in with administrator rights & there's nothing to stop an unauthorised party from pirating my livelehood.

I have a cunning thought... When we publish Toolbook courses to DHTML we have the option of setting a flag to "require LMS Login". They don't have an LMS but, is their a way to set a flag on the local PC to fool the course into thinking that they do? That would work for me because even if pirated, the pirate would discover that when loaded onto another PC, my courses would not launch. It's not an ideal solution because they would still launch under another LMS but my guess is that few pirates would plan on using them that way.

Can anyone provide some insight on how that Toolbook LMS flag works ie. what does it reference? Or, can anyone suggest another solution?

Geoff Pearson
(I.Q. Technology Ltd.)
Geoff Pearson

Re: Need HELP with your projects?

Postby Clifton » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:11 pm

I sent a replay to you directly regarding this.

Thanks!
Clifton
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion