Firefox blocking microphone use

Workarounds and usability notes.

Re: Firefox blocking microphone use

Postby Clifton » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:38 pm

If the file url points to a real mp3, you should be able to pgSoundLoader() to play and load controls. However, the player controls do not have forward and back buttons. Instead the idea is to just click in the progress bar to move forward and backward. You could add forward and backward buttons that move the playhead based on its current position using pgSoundControl(). Similar to Netflix, the back button could move back 10s and the forward button would move forward 10s.

If you cannot get that you work, send me the file created by your recorder and I'll take a look.

Clifton
Site Admin

Postby John Robin Dove » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:12 am

Hi Clifton,

Here are two recorder examples using the wav / mp3 recording system that I prefer which includes pause and resume functions. The mp3 arrives just after the wav and sometimes even before it! There was a problem with the sample rate but I have clunked around in the mp3Worker.js file and my system seems to work pretty well so far. You will see that the regular controls seem to be more complete that those of the soundLoader. Chrome has decreed that no volume controls are allowed but the the volume property is still available and so a custom volume control can be added. The Firefox controls seem to be the best. I hope I have sent everything. https://www.mediacours.com/tb_examples/files.zip

John
John Robin Dove

Postby Clifton » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:38 pm

One thing I can help with is to get your [js] folder in a single location so you don't duplicate it.
Just change your <config> ... </config> section of recorder_test.xml to this:
<config>
<!--PUT ALL NECESSARY RECORDING JS IN TOP LEVEL WINDOW-->
<javascript special="top" notify="">
../js/vendor/jquery-1.11.0.min.js
</javascript>

../js/recorder2.js
</javascript>

../js/app.js
</javascript>
</config>

One problem with this is that when I run it, the js files load but there must be some path or file issue as the recorded file (mp3) doesn't get loaded in the player. It's like the system cannot find it. I think I would try moving the player.html and recorder_test.xml into the [js] folder and see if that helps.
Clifton
Site Admin

Postby John Robin Dove » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:43 am

OK. I'll do some more tests. Thanks.
John Robin Dove

Previous

Return to General Discussion