Error message

Workarounds and usability notes.

Error message

Postby John Robin Dove » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:34 am

Hi Clifton,
I keep seeing this error message when I click on Action/Define variables ... in the Actions Editor.
It's not a serious problem. I can continue if I click on 'Cancel'.
John Robin Dove

Re: Error message

Postby Clifton » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:41 pm

Does this happen all every time?

UPDATE:
This problem was reported some time ago and a patch applied. You should check your PowerPac version. The latest version is v12.904 and the PGSD_PowerPac90.sbk should be dated 3-17-2016. If this is not the case, then your version should be updated.

Other notes:
The original problem was reported to occur when two books were opened and certain action editor menu commands were executed. If you have the latest version as noted above and the problem occurs, then we need to know EXACTLY how to reproduce this. I cannot seem to reproduce the error in any version of ToolBook. However, you may be experiencing a special case which we would be glad to review.
Clifton
Site Admin

Postby John Robin Dove » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:04 pm

Hi Clifton,
Sorry I haven't been able to reply earlier. I was using 12.902.1. The error message doesn't seem to show up now. I think I probably did have two Toolbook instances open although I believe I only had one when I sent you the message but I can't be sure. I'll let you know if it happens again.
Thanks
John
John Robin Dove

Postby Clifton » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:50 am

Hi John,

I believe I have duplicated this problem while working on another project. I've uploaded a patch upgrade to v12.904.1.

Let us know if this seems to correct the issue for you as well.

Clifton
Clifton
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion